Women’s Enterprise Organizations of Canada
Closing date: July 10, 2020
Showcase your critical thinking skills, innovative ideas and exemplary writing abilities as a member of our communications team.
Committed to the growth of women’s entrepreneurship in Canada, the Women’s Enterprise Organizations of Canada (WEOC) works with women’s entrepreneurial support organizations to champion innovation, broaden expertise, and enhance collaboration.
The communications assistant prepares, writes, edits and reviews written communication pieces, ensuring consistent messaging across a multitude of platforms, including a new website scheduled for launch in Fall 2020. In addition, the communications assistant writes articles for weoc.ca, assists with in-person and digital events, and manages the communications database.
This job is based at the WEOC head office in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
What we are looking for:
- Post-secondary education in communications, journalism or other relevant discipline with proven, related experience
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills
- Demonstrated strong communications skills; written and oral French an asset
- Experience planning and writing for the web and social media
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Flexible work environment
- Full time
- Occasional evening and weekend work required
Please include a cover letter with your resume to highlight your suitability for the position and forward to Chantal Herriot at [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Women’s Enterprise Organizations of Canada is committed to building a culture of inclusivity, where all employees feel safe, respected and acknowledged, including racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and genders.