We scour the podcasting world to find diverse voices on subjects that are relevant to those working within the women’s enterprise world. Look for these hashtags on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook every Friday! #Fridaylisten #vendredijécoute
Have a suggestion for a must-listen show or episode? Email us at [email protected] or leave a comment on our posts.
- TED Talks Daily Podcast – How to overcome our biases? Walk boldly toward them from Vernā Myers This replay was originally recorded in 2014 and as Verna says, “same story, different names.” For all of us who are doing the work to confront our own biases, this is a motivating podcast. How can it help you in your work with your clients?
- E97 – Navigating Adversity With Fearless Optimism With Mary Doyle Another great conversation from Startup Canada’s Thrive Podcast. “Fearless optimism is at the core of what entrepreneurs are.”: A half hour of optimism; share this one with the entrepreneurs you work with, especially those in rural communities.
August 7: Cultivating confidence to make our voices heard
July 31: Thrive
- The latest from a great series of podcasts from Startup Canada: Resilience in entrepreneurship with Sloane Muldoon from Scotiabank.
July 24: Focus!
- This episode is filled with thought provoking and practical ideas to help establish focus and recalculate priorities. – 7 Tried and True Tips for Side Hustling When You Don’t Have a Lot of Time – Side Hustle Pro, Ep. 209 @sidehustlepro
July 17: Networking for Introverts
- Tasha Booth leads a lively and insightful discussion with entrepreneur Dana Kaye around networking as an introvert on her podcast How She Did That. @thetashabooth @danakaye23
July 10: A Conscious Career
- A conversation about being intentional with career changes with Elizabeth Cabral, Founder, Purpose & Perspective on The Brand is Female podcast.
July 1: Canada Day Bonus
- Indigenous food culture and food sovereignty are discussed in three segments on Unreserved, one of our favourite Canadian podcasts. It’s a great listen for when you’re out on the dock, monitoring the barbecue or waiting to watch some virtual fireworks (?!) on this July 1.
Bonus: Watch Inuk chef Trudy Metcalfe-Coe show Grill This, Smoke That host Steph Legari how to make maple smoked arctic char.
June 26: Innovation in the Face of Adversity
- Some of the greatest business ideas are born out of adversity and built on a need nobody else saw. The need for PPE and other safety equipment sized for women has been a major issue during the pandemic, and one Jane Henry recognized when she started her business, See Her Work. Great first interview for @wbenc with @seeherworkllc Find it online: https://www.wbenc.org/podcast
June 19: Embracing Change in Challenging Times
- Side Hustle Pro – Episode 205: From Obama Secret Service to Her Own Firm: How Holli Draines Transitioned to Entrepreneurship. Holli Draines speaks with host Nicaila Matthews Okome about her unique career trajectory and pivoting through challenging circumstances. Great listen. Follow Nicaila on Twitter @sidehustlepro and on Instagram @SideHustlePro
June 12: It Starts with a Story
- In Good Company – Brands and Storytelling. Billed as a “master class in brand storytelling” this episode doesn’t disappoint. Get your pen and notebook ready, this conversation will definitely spark ideas, whether you’re a business advisor or entrepreneur.
June 5: How They Did It – 5 Inspiring Stories of Women Founders
- Powering Up Africa ft. Lucia Wamala – Unfiltered with Aisha Addo
- Madame C.J. Walker: The Self-Made Millionaire Who Raised Up Other Women – Fierce: Stories of Women Who Changed the World
- How She Built Her Money Systems – How She Did That Podcast
- How Two Friends Started a Greeting Card Company for the Culture – Side Hustle Pro Podcast
- Carol’s Daughter Founder Lisa Price: Sisters Inc. Podcast
Past Recommendations: #fridaylisten #vendredijécoute
- Start Up Canada presents the Thrive Podcast – Every Woman’s Business Toolkit – with guest Alison Kirkland, CEO, Women’s Enterprise Organizations of Canada
- Meetings with colleagues, meetings with clients, meetings with family, meetings with friends. It’s been two months and we are exhausted! Suffering ZOOM Fatigue? How to Fix That – The Femails Podcast, presented by Career Contessa
- This is stressful. There is a time for business pivoting, financial reviews, Zoom meetings and more. But sometimes you need a break and many people (judging by the shortage of flour) are turning to baking. We love the @nerdettepodcast and this nice short piece (12 minutes) is all kinds of goodness heading into the weekend.
- How to make the perfect chocolate chip cookies – CBC Life
- Champion: Pivoting: Natalie Eckdahl offers practical advice for entrepreneurs on the BizChix Podcast
- Challenger: Authenticity: Psychologist Adam Grant takes a deeper look at authenticity and provides some key takeaways on his podcast WorkLife with Adam Grant.
- Find the Pivoting and Resetting for the Future panel from our 2020 Ready, Set, Get Back to Business symposium
- TED’s Community of Hope – TED Connects podcast series is offering various topics related to COVID-19, featuring fascinating conversations with informed, smart people. Well worth a listen. Today we spent an hour with Bill Gates.
- It’s a bananas time. How can we collectively look for the opportunities in the massive changes that are coming every day? Today we are taking a long walk while listening to 411 – How to Pivot Your Small Business on the Biz Chix Podcast. We appreciate Natalie Eckdahl’s positive tone and ideas for navigating, and thriving, during unexpected business changes.
- Revisit the expert advice shared during the Pivoting and Resetting for the Future panel during the Ready, Set, Get Back to Business Symposium
- Time Management (and so much more) – Thrive Talks Podcast, Season 2, Episode 11 with guest Leah Goard
- The Great Canadian Woman Podcast, Episode 124 Are your clients’ what and why aligned? Just over 16 minutes long, this interview with host Sarah Swain and Selene Vakharria get to the heart of why a brand story is important.
- 21st Century Creative Podcast A very motivating conversation with SheEO’s Vicki Saunders.
- This link also includes a readable Q&A
- Behind the Brilliance by Lisa Nicole Bell — Episode 192: On Rest, Breaks, and Sabbaticals. Don’t wait to take a break! Behind the Brilliance host Lisa Nicole Bell talks through three questions to help you “design rest” to avoid burnout: Are you resting strategically? When are you going to take a break this year? When will you take a sabbatical?
- The AI Effect, Episode 6 Customer Service – Is a hybrid of AI and human help the best of both worlds?
- Cheryl Baldwin covers so much ground as the guest on The Successful Bookkeeper podcast, from hiring great staff to business continuity.
- Cheryl took part in WEOC’s Ready, Set, Get Back to Business symposium in 2020.
- The Brand is Female “Be sure of yourself and never give up.” Michèle & Véronik Bastien, Co-Founders, PEPPERMINT Cycling Co.
- Amy Porterfield Podcast Are your work habits making time your ally or your enemy? How to create Atomic Habits with guest James Clear.
- Strategy Hour Podcast, Boss Project This post is all about love…of meetings, or as this podcast re-frames it: “I don’t love meetings, I love traction”
- The Brand is Female Host Eva Hartling discusses banking, financing and women entrepreneurs with Chantal Pitre, National Manager Women Entrepreneurs, TD and Camille Beaudoin, Program Assistant, UN Women
- Great Women of Business Podcast, Coco Chanel and the Art of Branding, Fascinating, inspiring, educational, and infuriating. Vanessa Richardson and Molly Brandenburg look at brand in a completely absorbing way, through the story of Coco Chanel, who committed to brand so wholly that her clothes, look and scent remain iconic.
- Thrive Podcast – Start Up Canada – Shaking off self-doubt. Are you hiding out in perfectionism?